Friday, February 8, 2019

Introduction To My Life In Skyrim

Hello fellow Skyrim Travelers!

When I discovered Skyrim I walked out of one dimension containing the world of Earth, and into an alternate dimension containing the world of Nirn.

On Nirn is the Land Mass and Islands of Tamriel,  and nestled on the northern part is my beloved home of Skyrim.  And, if you, dear reader, don't know the answer to "What is Nirn, Tamriel, and Skyrim?" then this isn't a blog for you.

This blog is NOT about the game, it's mechanics, or it's character builds. It is NOT going to be about how-to's, play-through's, or how to play through quests.  Nothing like that. Don't be dropping me comments about your game  (about your life there,  yes!) Don't be telling me how to get this or that or how to play or where to go.  I'm NOT playing a game here.

I  AM going to be talking about my  LIFE in Skyrim; about the country and what I do and see and my interactions with it and it's people.  You might consider it a DIARY, left behind by some long passed traveler; you can find many diaries scattered about this land,  in homes, hidden in caves, etc.  I'm going to let you read my diary as I write it.

When I wander through my home land of Skyrim I can feel the magic in the air all around me.  I can stand in one spot and see Valleys and Meadows, Farms and Mills, Cities, Villages, and high snow covered Mountain Ranges. I can see Winding Roads being traveled by Guards, Soldiers, Bandits and Citizens.  I can also see an abundance of Wild Life roaming across this vast terrain. I will be telling you many things as I encounter all of this,  and much more.

It's hard traveling between the two alternate universes. One, I wish I never had to leave,  but the other calls me back for the responsibilities and obligations that I have within the realm of reality.
Ahhh...but the magic of Skyrim never fails to tug at me,  calling me back, and I often leave things on Earth undone to answer the call and rush back to my beloved. As soon as my feet touch down on Skyrim,  my heart sings,  I take a deep breath of the magic,  and the wonder begins once more.

           Fellow Traveler,  is the magic there for you?  Will you answer the siren call?


30 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, I will answer the siren call! As soon as I can get away from my job that is - I work for Belethor, at the general goods store ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel for you!! I would hate to work for Belethor. But when you get the time, answer that siren call. :)

      Delete
  2. Have you played through Morrowind as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming a Blogger - and as always: well done, dear Shirley :) You should know that G+ is being cancelled soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been notified of that. Will that have anything to do with this blog site in any way?

      Delete
  4. Yees if we want to follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under your profile is a G+ link for us who want to follow - i.e. read new blogposts as they come, you can change the link to your twitter or what you prefer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skyrim has become my home as well, it is such a beautiful, untamed land with a wealth of history. There's something melancholy about it too; about the ruins scattered around the stunning landscape. I cannot wait to read more about your life in the Nords' homeland. Blessings of the Divines upon you, fellow traveller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Camilla. According to the other post on here by Karen Kjaer, people won't be notified of my posts because Google+ is going away? I think? So I put my links in my Profile on my Twitter page, and I will be adding them to my YouTube page and probably to my FaceBook page. I hope that will help people find me.

      Delete
  7. I am not a blogger, I do think that you also have to change the G+ into link to your Twitteraccount -best of luck with this blog - and may I say a big thank You for enlarging the text :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently found your channel and blog. I love what you are doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant seem to go very long without hearing again this siren song of skyrim and I wander back, ready to lose myself and rest there. I never know at all what I'm doing there and the urge to explore is so huge, I spend a majority of my time there doing that! Being a bit of a fraidy kitten, it can take me quite a while to do things, but it's about the journey and not where I am going. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and letting us come along!! My admiration for you is great and I support your efforts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shy Strawberry for your comment. You sound like a kindred spirit!! :)

      Delete
  10. “Don't be dropping me comments about your game (about your life there, yes!)” – I hope you meant this literally. ;)

    Having previously worked at the library of Daggerfall Castle in High Rock, I eventually set out on my own in search of ancient tomes. I now reside in Skyrim where I acquire books through buying, trading, searching old ruins, or other means, and provide these books to shops or collectors. While this endeavor has proved rewarding both in terms of knowledge and monetary gain, by far my most treasured finds have been the personal journals and diaries written by fellow travelers in Skyrim. Recently I acquired one such diary from a dusty bottom shelf in Belethor’s Shop in Whiterun. Tattered and well-worn, the opening pages of this diary describe an appreciation of the vast beauty of the flora and fauna in this fair land of Skyrim as well as hinting at mundane encounters and perilous adventures. The writer certainly has a way with words, almost magical, pulling the reader in and enticing them to answer their own call to adventure in Skyrim. I can’t wait to settle down this evening in my rented room at the Bannered Mare to read more of this enchanting diary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gail these are very good, and I keep trying to comment, but it seems to no longer be posting my comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well at least I got this on on here! I like the way you incorporate my story and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have this set right (again) with my name in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shirley, your entries are so immersive with the way you describe details that appeal to our various senses that I feel like I'm really reading a Skyrim diary. It only makes sense then that our alternate Nirn lives would intersect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Granny, thanks for sharing your dairy. Hopefully one day we will meet in Skyrim. In one of the taverns or one of the caves. I used to be a hunter, camping in the overwhelming nature..enjoy enjoying the silence and calm environment. But then I discovered, that I love magic.. and now I am a magical person. I enrolled in the magic School up north, college of Winterhold. If you ever come by, just ask for Hilda and we can have some Ale and talk about our adventures. Talos bless you and keep you safe. Hilda the Mage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes dear kinsman the magic is there for me as well and I Karl Solas shall answer the sirens call. For I a Nord believe that Skyrim is for all! -Sky above.

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) This is so sweet and i love your videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I need to get back in here!!! lol

      Delete